Pros/Cons of Coffee
I love love love coffee. I never used to like it that much, but every since my injury I have at least a cup a day. I find it really helps my mental fatigue headaches and gives me that extra kick that I need, but drinking coffee might not be for everyone. Here are the pros and cons of caffeine:
- *Battles my fatigue/mental fatigue and brain fog.
- *Helps me concentrate and focus better.
- Gets rid of/helps headaches and migraines.
- Love the taste and variety of flavours.
- A great start to my day and routine.
- Anxiety: days I'm already more anxious or not doing too much, increases anxiety.
- Sleep quality: sometimes affects it, but not all the time. (Never drink after 12pm, unless staying up late.)
- Dizziness: If I drink too close to taking my seizure medication (Lamotragine), I can get very dizzy.
- Medication interactions: I can't drink coffee too close to when I'm taking migraine medication (Zomig.)
- Nausea: can make me nauseous depending on the day I drink it.
For me, the pros out weight the cons. The cons I just need to adjust and make sure it's a good day I can have a coffee, not a big deal and something I can deal with.
What's your favourite type or coffee?!
I love McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Caramel Flavoured Lattes! :)
*Coffee does NOT cure mental fatigue and concentration problems, it just helps make it more managable for some people.